Skip to content
Scroll back to top
- Practice Progressive Basic
- Practice Colombian steps
- Review choreo
Kaizen (Constant Improvement)
- Don’t just go through the motions, improve your basics every day.
- Observation: Watch other dancers/coaches, see how they move.
- Experimentation: Try out different things – hand positions, foot positions, torso, different levels, slowing down/speeding up. See what works with your body.
- Take a big step back on 3 (push off the 2).
- Take a big step forward on 7 (push off the 6).
- Goal: Always be progressing forward on the back break.
- Basic (basico), forward basic, taps (dinos), basic w/ taps, point point (punta punta), figure fours (quatros)
- Pivot body on basic step
- Pivot on the standing leg on the punta punta